SILK ~ How To Care for Your Designer Silk Scarf
Scarf ring.com is proud to stock Liberatti designer silk scarves, other designer scarves are rare or collectible vintage scarves.
We also have agrowing collection of new and vintage scarf rings.
Liberatti Silk Fashion Scarves are made of the finest silk twill, by an artisan-manufacturer near Lake Como in Italy.
Liberatti means genuine Italian quality by genuine Italian artisans.
We recommend that you always have your silk scarf dry-cleaned by a reputable service. Do not use dry cleaning fluid on them yourself. Please also remember that like all scarves, genuine silk printed scarves can be damaged by rain.
GOLD ~ Your Scarf Ring, Scarf Slide or Necklace
Gold comes in various colours and in different purities. Gold is measured in cartage (Carat/ ct) which is a term used to describe how pure the gold metal is. Not to be confused with diamond carats which is different. Pure gold (100% gold) is 24 carats and is very soft which makes it generally unsuitable to create jewelry.
As a result other metals are added to pure gold to create a gold alloy thus strengthening it. The carat indicates how many parts, out of 24 parts, within the alloy are gold.
Liberatti pendants are designed in our creative studio. They are then made of 18 kt gold which is very high quality, at our artisan workshop in Qatar.
How to Clean Gold:
• You can clean gold jewelry with a soft toothbrush and some soapy water ( even dishwashing liquid will be fine)
• Dip the toothbrush in the water and use it to get into all of the crevices.
• Rinse the piece in warm water until the water runs clear.
• Gently buff your piece dry with a soft, lint-free cloth to make it shine after jewelry cleaning.
• If you prefer, you can also use a non-abrasive jewelry cleaner but please get the best quality from a reputable jeweller.
How to Care for Gold:
It is important to take care of yourLiberatti gold so it lasts you a lifetime.
• Although it's tempting, we recommend that you don't wear them 24 hours a day, seven days a week, as this will make them more likely to get damaged over time.
• When you do take off your gold pieces, store them in a velvet-lined jewelry box or case that contains compartments for each item. Or, separately wrap each piece in tissue paper and keep in small bags or pouches.
• Keep your diamond jewelry separate because the hard stone can scratch your gold easily.
• Make sure your jewelry is dry when you put it away, because moisture can cause springs and clasps to weaken over time.
SILVER ~ Your Scarf Ring, Scarf Slide or Tie Pin
Scarf Rings are made by craftsmen using 92.5 percent pure silver.
Tarnishing will ocurr over time, and this natural phenomenon is caused by the interaction of silver and sulphides in the air. Higher sulphide levels are more present with humidity and/or air pollution. The more humid the climate, the faster your sterling silver scarf ring or necklace will tarnish.
FORTUNATELY SILVER IS EASY TO CARE FOR ~ TWO EASY SOLUTIONS
(1) Sterling silver will polish up by rubbing or buffing it with a soft cotton cloth.
A chemically treated ‘silver’ cloth gets optimal results sooner.
(2) ‘Wet’ clean sterling silver can be achieve by:
Simply washing the silver with mild soap and warm water to prevent tarnishing, then rinse thoroughly and dry completely with a soft cloth before storing.
With the correct care your Scarfring.com piece should last a lifetime.